Experience in high-stakes construction
Construction professionals, we offer insurance solutions that meet all types of risks inherent in your business. Our expertise allows us to recommend appropriate protection for your company as well as all stakeholders.
Construction companies wishing to obtain coverage that meets the specificities of their profession.
- A relationship of trust between manager and client
- Protection equal to the value of your investments
- Insurance cover appropriate to your needs and the constraints of your company
Our goal? To protect you and your investments with insurance cover that perfectly meets your needs.
The path from the beginning of a project to its completion is often long, tortuous and difficult. Ascoma, a specialist in construction insurance, recommends that you take every precaution along the way. High on the list is taking out Construction All Risk Insurance because any unrepaired damage can force the construction company (or the client) to abandon it project permanently.
Beyond the legal obligation, certain disruptions in the course of construction, sometimes catastrophic, can be caused by:
- A landslide
- A flood
- A storm
- A collapse
- Subsidence of a slab, the fall of a crane or the improper operation of a machine
- Fire - the main cause of claims during construction - following a badly extinguished cigarette butt, a poorly done weld, a construction site floodlight placed too close to the frame.
To ensure the stress-free completion of all your works, Ascoma offers the following insurance:
- Construction All Risk Insurance: material damage to the works under construction. This tailor-made contract, concluded for each specific construction site, provides global coverage up to the total cost of the project and covers accidental damage affecting the site during the works.
- Third-party liability insurance of the contractor: potential damages and inconvenience caused to third parties (neighbours, for example).
PROFESSIONAL AND DECENNIAL THIRD-PARTY LIABILITY IN CONSTRUCTION
- Designers, contractors, architects, design offices
- Developers, estate agents
- Companies, artisans
Intended to protect owners, a performance bond acts as an insurance policy for the surety (usually the real estate developer) to guarantee that the contractor will complete the works under the contract. This insurance makes it possible to finance the completion of the works in case of default.
Your projects are an important investment, so we have a team dedicated to the construction industry. Our managers accompany our clients, from underwriting to claims management, thus creating privileged relationships with companies that trust us.
Ascoma advises not only contractors and subcontractors but also developers and suppliers for the implementation of their products on the construction site.
In analysing the construction project, Ascoma`s experienced teams offer advice on third-party liability to the company and its employees during the works as well as afterward in case of damage caused to others.
One of the most important contracts is the Decennial Third-Party Liability insurance contract which, for a period of ten years after handover of the works, covers the cost of repairing all damage that affects the structural integrity of the works or rendering them unfit for their purpose. It allows builders to cover their liability towards the owner and successive owners.
Ascoma has extensive experience in the construction market. Our knowledge of potential complexities and problems associated with your sector of activity allows us to provide you with personal service adapted to your needs.
With a perfect knowledge of the risks and work involved in construction, our team guides you and recommends solutions that conform to your activity, taking into account the human and financial issues related to your company.