Editor / Producer
Editing and managing (subscription, codification etc) of insurance contracts (motor, industrial, housing and other risks), with reference to pre-compiled contracts or through adaptation of standard clauses, according to insurance regulations. The Editor will not be contented with just pricing simple contracts. He/she will compile and manage the insurance contracts.
BTS training in insurance, IUP banking and insurance, IUT legal trades or licence in law; or previous professional experience in the insurance or banking sectors without specific technical diploma.
- Contracts and products relevant to your field.
- Being able to master the rules for compiling insurance contracts.
- Having a solid skills base in the legal domain (insurance law).
- Contract management procedures linked to sales.
- Telephone and speaking skills.
Knowing how to:
- Implement techniques for selling insurance or savings contracts and products.
- Implementing rules and techniques for accepting risks and managing contracts.
- Leading a conversation and instilling confidence in your contact.
- Analysing client needs.
- Understanding clients and answering them clearly.
- Negotiating, arguing in favour, convincing.
- Carrying out studies with a view to compiling offers and contracts
- Compiling contracts on the basis of standard clauses and schedules sent by the.companies. For so-called "mass" risks (motor, housing, sickness etc), please refer to pre-compiled contracts. For more complex risks (industrial risks, construction, civil liability etc), compile specific clauses.
- Entering information into the insured person's file and sending them contractual or supporting documentation.
- Calling for premiums and verifying their collection.
- Providing administrative follow-up of Proposals/Contracts (updating insured values, redrafting and optimising cover provided by policies, reworking certain policies, compiling policy summaries etc)
- Checking contracts that have reached expiry date, setting up calls for premiums
- Adapting contracts by adding or rewording clauses when the insured person's situation changes
- Providing a technical interface between client managers and third parties (company negotiation, risk assessment specialities, Master programme policies or reinsurance policies etc)
- Updating databases
- Respecting the procedures relevant to your area of work.
- Keeping informed of news in the sector, especially through training.
- Participating in setting up corrective, preventive and/or improvement actions.
- Managing inputs and outputs for the field of activity (letters, e-mails, faxes etc).
Your prospects for development
Possibility of progression, depending on experience acquired, to specialist posts within a specific field of insurance (motor, various risks, transport, life, health etc) or to head of department, or accessing business functions.