Informing and advising individual persons and businesses about personal and property insurance (fire, accident, retirement, provident funds etc). Selling products and services according to insurance regulations and company business policy. Can put together contracts at a technical (drafting prices etc) and administrative level. Can put together contracts at a technical (drafting prices etc) and administrative level.
Training to Bac+2 (BTS, DEUST, DUT etc) in the field of insurance, business or economics, or previous professional experience in the insurance or banking sector.
- • Contracts and products relevant to your field
- • Being able to master the rules for compiling insurance contracts
- • Having a solid skills base in the legal domain (insurance law)
- • Contract management procedures linked to sales
- • Telephone and speaking skills
Knowing how to:
- • Implement techniques for selling insurance or savings contracts and products
- • Implementing rules and techniques for accepting risks and managing contracts
- • Leading a conversation and instil confidence in your contact
- • Analyzing client needs
- • Understanding clients and answering them clearly
- • Negotiating, arguing in favor, convincing
- • Analyzing clients’ insurance needs and informing them on products on offer
- • Developing a portfolio of prospective/actual clients
- • Drawing up the terms of the insurance contract with the client (total premium, type of cover etc), bringing together supporting documentation and submission for decision
- • Updating the client’s insurance contract and completing follow-up documents
- • Compiling contracts on the basis of standard clauses and of schedules sent by the companies. For so called “mass” risks (motor, housing, sickness etc), refer to pre-compiled contracts. For more complex risks (industrial risks, construction, civil liability etc), compile specific clauses
- • Respecting the procedures relevant to your area of work
- • Keeping yourself informed of news in your sector, especially through training
- • Participating in setting up corrective and preventive actions and/or improvements
Your prospects for development
Possibility of progressing, depending on experience, to client manager or client relations manager posts.